Recently I spoke with Belinda Punshon from finder.com.au about how to master your rational decision making to avoid emotional pitfalls when investing.
It was a great opportunity to share the benefit of my 30 years experience in the residential property investment market – as you can imagine, I’ve learnt a thing or two during this time!
Here are some of the points I discussed in detail with Belinda:
- Fear of missing out
- Overbidding at auction
- The great Australian dream mindset
- Being too honest about budget with selling agents
- Becoming emotionally attached
- Combining investment and owner-occupier objectives
- Renovating to your personal tastes
- Trying to time the market
- Taking your time
- How to avoid emotional blunders
- What emotional characteristics should investors have?
You can read the full article by clicking here.
As always, if you have a question, leave a comment below.
Until next time,
From the desk of Christine.